Adopting While Living in Other Countries
A source for adoption lists, Karen's Links is always kept current. If the adoptive parents are citizens of two different countries and/or are living in a country that they are not a citizen of, Kazakhstan requires proof from each country that the parents are suitable to adopt a child and that the child will be admited into the country once adopted; essentially, if you are a couple of different citizenship, Kazakhstan is not the best choice for you.
- Canadian-CIS Friendship Exchange Society , adoption facilitator associated with 4 agencies in British Columbia. Works in Russia and Kazakhstan. Longest running program for adoptions from Kazakhstan for Canadians.
- Other agencies that have programs in Kazakhstan are CAFAC in Manitoba.
- Adoptive Parents Association of British Columbia has a special section on intercountry adoption; also check out their links section for links to BC agencies and government info, support groups, Canadian adoption and government sites.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada : Government site giving details of application process and requirements.
- How-to adopt info for Canadians has information on domestic and international adoption, list of agencies by province, list of adoption medical specialists, adoption statistics, etc.; also offers for purchase the Canadian Guide to Intercountry Adoption.
- Canadian travel information report .
- EEAC has a list called CEEA-L for Canadians.
- Canadian Clinic for Adopted Children in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Canadian Adoption on Adoption Forums has a list for different provinces and a small one for international adoption.
- Canadian Embassy in Almaty
- Canadian Embassy in Moscow
- Kazakhstan Consulate in Toronto .
- Canada Adopt! , an online adoption meeting place. Links, information.
- Adoptions from Russia to Canada on the Russian Adoption Medical Services site: resources, agencies, physicians. Note: this is an archived version of this page, as the site is no longer online, so the information may be old.
- Canadianadoption.com adoption information for Canadians from adoption.com.
↑ Top of page ↓ Bottom of page
- ICANZ : Inter Country Adoption New Zealand, the only agency in New Zealand. NZ does not have an agreement with Kazakhstan, but some have still managed to adopt.
- EEAC has a list called NZEEA-L for New Zealanders.
- Australia and New Zealand Adoption on Adoption Forums. General adoption topics.
- Adoption (Intercountry) Act includes ratification of the Hague Convention, adoption authorities, and citizenship act amendments. They have recently revised their website; search for "adoption" and "1997" under Statutes to find the text.
- Department of Child, Youth and Family on intercountry adoption.
↑ Top of page ↓ Bottom of page
- Asociacion de Familias Adoptantes en Rusia : "Este grupo se crea para ayudar a todas aquellas personas que comienza un proceso de adopción internacional." Their yahoo group: socios asfaru .
- Postadopcion Rusia : "Esta lista se ha creado como un foro de intercambio de opiniones entre padres que han pasado por un proceso de adopción internacional." They also have a website Adopta En Rusia .
- Adoptiva orientación y soporte en adopción
- Kazakhstan Embassy in Madrid: 25 Parque Conde de Orgaz ascanueces, 28043 Madrid; (3491)-7216290 (3491)-7219374, e-mail: email@example.com
- Spain Embassy in Almaty: 102 Baitursynov St.; near Satpaev St., Tel.:500906, 500907, Fax: 500905, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adopción en Kazajstan : "Lista para las personas interesadas en la adopción en Kazajstan, República perteneciente a la Antigua URSS, ahora constituida como país independiente."
Flags courtesy of
Page last updated on 22 November 2009.